A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions
A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions and practice valuable reading and writing skills. View Full Teacher’s Guide here:
A 4 page teacher’s guide – companion to “Born to be Wired” in the Parade Magazine e-edition Sunday 10/09/2011. Cyberspace is the world of computers. You can navigate through Cyberspace safely
“The wheels on the bus go ‘round and ‘round,” sang Howard Bishop Middle School teachers on Tuesday. Howard Bishop Middle School Bus Tour to Meet Students The wheels on their school bus took them
In the LeFave household, there’s a budget for electricity, groceries — and Maria LeFave’s ninth-grade classroom at Eastside High School. LeFave said she spends about $800 of her own money
Retailers are gearing up for what is expected to be the biggest shopping weekend of the year before the winter holidays as parents and students stock up for school during the tax holiday on clothes and
- Event: Summer Reading Program Ice Cream Party at Alachua County Headquarters Library- Downtown, Thu, Jun 5 6:00pSign up for the Summer Reading Program at our Last Day of School Ice Cream Party.
- Event: Citizen of the Year Ceremony Kiwanis Club at Alachua County Headquarters Library- Downtown, Wed, May 14 11:00aCitizen of the Year Ceremony recognizes fifth graders from each Alachua County elementary school that have received the Kiwanis Club of the University City's Citizen of the Year annual award. Keynote speaker to be announced.
- Event: Teen: H.E.A.T. at Eastside High School, Mon, May 19 8:00aThis event will take place at Eastside High School. Ninth grade students will be introduced to representatives from agencies in the community that provide information and services about mental health, physical well being, stress, and other health related issues that teens might confront.
- Event: Eastside High School Drama Presents Barbershop Tales at Eastside High School Auditorium, Thu, Apr 17 7:00pEastside High School drama presents the premier, first run musical, Barbershop Tales. Created, written, and produced by extraordinary UF students, preformed by talented Eastside High School students. You won't want to miss it! Barbershop Tales, written by Jacob Fjeldheim, Tyler Kerstetter, and Jackson Smith, can be described as a campy musical romp thro […]
- Event: After School Special at Millhopper Branch Library, Wed, Apr 23 2:00pEach week a different program for school aged children. Featuring stories, crafts, games, and more.
- Event: Collection Day-Spring Greening at Stephen C. O'Connell Center, Wed, Apr 23 7:30aJoin the Office of Sustainability as we wrap up the semester with this year’s Collection Day on April 23, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We will be collecting unwanted items at the O’Connell Center Parking Lot, Gate 1. Open to student, faculty, and staff! We will be collecting personal hazardous, electronic waste, university assets, IT equipment, school supplie […]