A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions
A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions and practice valuable reading and writing skills. View Full Teacher’s Guide here:
A 4 page teacher’s guide – companion to “Born to be Wired” in the Parade Magazine e-edition Sunday 10/09/2011. Cyberspace is the world of computers. You can navigate through Cyberspace safely
“The wheels on the bus go ‘round and ‘round,” sang Howard Bishop Middle School teachers on Tuesday. Howard Bishop Middle School Bus Tour to Meet Students The wheels on their school bus took them
In the LeFave household, there’s a budget for electricity, groceries — and Maria LeFave’s ninth-grade classroom at Eastside High School. LeFave said she spends about $800 of her own money
Retailers are gearing up for what is expected to be the biggest shopping weekend of the year before the winter holidays as parents and students stock up for school during the tax holiday on clothes and
- Firefighters learn to work together to combat flamesAn Alachua County Fire Rescue truck pulled up to a burning building on Thursday as plumes of gray smoke belched from a two-story home.
- In video, GameStop burglars enter through hole in wallPolice are asking for the public's help in finding three people caught on video burglarizing a Gainesville business Wednesday morning.
- Deputies: Man used Photobucket to post child porn images, videoA High Springs man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possessing child pornography after a popular image-sharing site reported some questionable images.
- Prison health provider fined for deficient careA health care provider that serves state prisons across Florida received a $22,500 fine after the state prisons bureau found the firm has not yet met its contract.
- M&S Bank acquired by Ameris Bank from Moultrie, Ga.Ameris Bank, based in Moultrie, Georgia, announced Thursday that it has signed a definitive merger agreement to acquire M&S Bank.
- Legislators to talk over annexation rulesState representatives will meet with county and municipal leaders at 2 p.m. today to discuss the status of the Boundary Adjustment Act that governs annexations here.